If you have a blog, you probably think your visitors read your blog posts all the way through. In actuality, you have NO idea how much of your content people are actually reading. With Content Analytics, you can see exactly where your readers stop reading.
Here you'll find detailed documentation for Content Analytics features, one-click campaign enabling, reviewing real-time statistics, custom page query strings, track logged in users and more.
See How Far People Read Your Page
Content Analytics gives you a visual display of exactly where people stop reading your blog posts.
Figure out Where to Place Call-To-Actions
The data that Content Analytics shows you is insanely valuable. Using it, you can move your calls to action to the right places, adjust your copy so people consume all of it, or cut sections which may be unnecessary. Make educated decisions.
Run It on All of Your Blog Posts
With Content Analytics, you can see how far people read on every single one of your blog posts. Run unlimited campaigns and track every one of your new blog posts.
Real Time Feedback
Every Content Analytics display you set up is updated in real-time showing how far your visitors have read. No need to wait and see what your readers think of your blog posts!
Content Analytics is divided into two areas:
- Sidebar Menu - start or stop the current page campaign, view active campaigns, add page query parameters, track logged in users, and more.
- Main Pane - contains the details of the specific feature section.
In the Sidebar Menu, you can access:
View your visitor clicks recorded for the current page, review your active Content Analytics campaign, stop recording the current campaign, as well as create new campaigns.
View your active list of campaigns as well as edit and delete individual campaigns.
Add query string parameters to identify unique pages on your site.
Auto Record PRO Only
Configure which pages automatically record the scrolling amount.
Content Analytics be recorded on any page you want, so you’ll want to start by visiting the page for your new campaign.
Click the Record Button To Begin
To start a new Content Analytics campaign for the page, click the “Record New Campaign for this Page” button.
New Campaign View Active / Stop Campaign
View an Active Campaign Reading Amount
There are three ways to view the real-time readership recordings on a page:
- Home - In the Home menu item, click on the “View Active Campaigns for this Page” to see the scroll map.
- Campaigns - In the “Campaigns” menu item, click on the “View” button next to your selected campaign.
- Sumo Badge - Click on Content Analytics icon on the top right of your page.
TIP: If there is a red dot next to the icon, there is a campaign on the current page is currently recording views.
Under the “Campaign” menu, you can access all the Content Analytics information on your site, including:
- Current Page - View all Content Analytics campaigns on the current page.
- All Campaigns - View a list of all campaigns on your entire site and their respective pages.
- Edit Name - Click on the pencil icon to rename the selected campaign.
- Start / Finish - Displays a campaign creation date and ended recording date, otherwise listed as an “Active” campaign.
- Clicks - Number of clicks recorded during the timeframe of the campaign.
- View Button - View the real-time, visual representation of clicks during selected campaign.
- Stop Recording / Delete Button - Stop recording active clicks on the selected campaign. Once stopped, you can delete the campaign.
By default, Content Analytics ignores query parameters and treats pages with the same path as the same page. If your site depends on query parameters to identify unique pages you can.
- Query Strings - Enter your on-page query strings.
- Track Users Logged into Sumo - Choose to track all clicks recorded on the page regardless of logged in status of Sumo.