Connecting to Sailthru in Sumo is quick and easy. Just follow the quick start guide below!
Details required to connect: Your Sailthru API Key and API Secret
- This can be found within your Sailthru account by going to Settings > Setup > API & Postbacks and then clicking on the Lock icon.
Key integration features:
- Mailing List: Select a Sailthru list to push new Sumo subscribers to
- Send Welcome Email: Each Sailthru list can have an email sent to new subscribers after they subscribe, called a "Thank You email".
- Log into Sumo!
- Click on the Settings (gear) icon at the top-right of the Launcher
- Click on the Integrations tab at the top
- Now you will see a list of various Email Service Providers. Select "Sailthru"
- Enter your API Key and API Secret then click on the "CONNECT" button
- Almost Done! You will now see Sailthru connected! Now you must make sure of the following:
- Select a List!! If you do not select a List your emails will NOT pass to Sailthru and be collected. If you see "-- Don't push to list --" Your emails will not pass.
- Determine if you want to use a Thank You email or not. Each Sailthru list can have an email sent to new subscribers after they subscribe, called a "Thank You email".
- Click "SAVE"! You did all that hard work! Now "SAVE" it!
Sumo offers the ability to set up multiple fields in your opt-in forms. This include standard fields such as First Name, Last Name and Phone Number. You can also set up completely Custom Fields or Hidden Fields!
Check out our guide on Fields HERE.
In order to make sure that any extra fields you've set up will correctly pass into Sailthru, check out our guide HERE.Back to top
In Sumo, you can choose to push different Campaigns/Popups to different lists in Sailthru.Back to top